Friday, August 14, 2015

MCGILLICUDDY's | New Paltz Food Reivew

I'm going to start off by saying that there are things that are great about McGillicudy's and there are things that are not so great, so I'm going to break it down by section.  

Wings: McGillicuddy's claims to have the best wings in the Hudson Valley, and in my opinion, this is the farthest thing from the truth. Yes, they have like 20 different flavors so there is something for everyone, but overall they are all very low quality. They are not very meaty and are a bit chewy. There blue cheese is also average at best. If you are looking for good wings in New Paltz I suggest going elsewhere.

 Everything Else: I've only had good experiences with all the other food at Mcgillicuddy's. Their spinach dip is to die for and has been a staple in my life for my college career thus far. They're sandwiches and wraps are also very good, and the fries that come with them are delicious. I've also only had great service there, the waitresses are always very nice and helpful.  

Nightlife: Mcgillicuddy's is a great spot for nightlife. It's usually pretty crowded on weekend nights and the drink specials are great. They also have fun events during the week (Trivia Wednesday, Karaoke Thursday, etc.). It's not as "collegey" as most other bars on main street, so if you're looking for a cool place with a slightly older crowd but are still trying to get your dance on than this could be the bar for you.

 Depending on what you're looking for, Mcgillicuddy's could be the right place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment